New International Foundation starting in August
Falmouth University’s International Foundation prepares students from overseas to study art and design subjects at undergraduate level in the UK. The International Foundation acts as bridge, providing the language and portfolio skills necessary for international students to succeed on Falmouth’s Foundation Diploma.
The course is part of the famous Falmouth School of Art which has a century-old pedigree of training artists in one of the most beautiful, safe and creative regions in the UK.
The International Foundation starts in August with an introductory unit (UAL Level 3 Certificate for Introductory Study in Art and Design) to develop your core skills and portfolio, introduce you to Art and Design practices, histories, theories and creative ways of thinking.
This prepares you for the 30-week Foundation experience (UAL Level 4 Diploma in Art and Design – Foundation Studies).
Importantly, the International Foundation also provides a 23-week academic communication unit (UAL Level 3 Certificate in Academic Communication for Art and Design) to help you build the communication and language skills needed to present your work and the ideas behind it, expressing your thoughts and opinions in English.
IELTS English Language test will be included to test your English Language improvement by the end of the course.
- International Foundation starting 4 August – for lower IELTS 5.0 (4.5 across all components) and more support with learning in England - £15,500
- Basic Foundation – you need IELTS 6.0 (5.5 across all components) £8,500 – starts in September – so more time to apply.
Who is it for, where can it lead?
Who is the International Foundation for?
- Students who do not have the right qualifications for a full degree
- Students who feel they are not yet ready for degree level study
- Students who's English is not yet at level 6 IELTS
- Students whose portfolio needs to be developed further
- Students who would like some time to culturally adjust and learn the English teaching style
- Students who want to explore different areas on art and design before selecting an area to focus on at degree level
The International Foundation can typically lead to the following Falmouth BA(Hons) programmes:
- Fine Art
- Fashion Design
- Graphic Design
- Sustainable Design
- Interior design
- Textile Design