Choosing an MBA in the UK
How to choose the right business school and MBA programme
When choosing an MBA to study in the UK, there are a number of different questions which need to be asked and elements to consider. The right MBA will vary for each prospective student depending on work experience, educational background, where they prefer to live and budget.
The best MBA for someone with a strong professional and educational background with a large budget might be London Business School, Oxford, Cambridge or Imperial College. But the best for someone who has no or very little work experience with a more limited budget might be Aberdeen or Bangor.
Studying an MBA in the UK can vastly improve the prospects and quality of your career, enabling you to reach your ultimate potential in the business world. The MBA is an international qualification that is well-respected by employers around the world and there are hundreds of business schools and an equal number of diverse programmes available to those who wish to obtain an MBA qualification.
No two MBA’s are alike and, even though they teach the same basics, they do not offer the same schedule of study. So you need to ask yourself:
- Does this course give me the experience I am looking for?
- Does the programme include topics that are relevant to my career?
- Is the content of the MBA suited to my needs?
- Do I have the required dedication to successfully finish the MBA?
- Does the program offer training and real life experiences as well?
You need to assess if a particular MBA is feasible in terms of:
- Does the structure suit you?
- Is the MBA in your area or will you need to travel?
- Are the timings of the MBA convenient for you?
- Are you free to join the MBA on its start date?
An MBA is an expensive programme and students need to consider the financial impact. Ask yourself:
- Can I afford the fees?
- Will the living expenses, travel costs, and other expenses involved impose financial stress?
- Will I have to consider a loan to cover the costs?
- If I do take a loan, will I be able to manage the interest on the loan and how long will it be before I can repay it?
How we can help
Once you have considered the above questions in relation to the different MBA’s that interest you, we can help determine which is the best programme for you to study. Arrange your free consultation today to learn more.